Sunday, June 7, 2015

Hosting our soccer coach

Sometime in April I signed Gracie up for a soccer camp. It was a British taught camp and we have been so excited for it to start. While I was registering her for it, the website asked me one final question. 

"Would you be interested in hosting a coach?" 

Of course I selected the "maybe" choice and then continued on without giving it a second thought. 

One Saturday a few weeks before her camp was set to start, my phone rang. Answering it put me on the line with Dan. He was a coordinator for the camps and just wanted to touch base about a few things. Then before I knew it, his British accent was asking me if I was still interested in hosting a coach at our house. 

Well, if anyone knows me, you know that my answer, without hesitation, was "Yes, of course."

The coach was to be from Brazil and would be arriving the next day! 

After discussing it with Shannon (and by discussing I mean informing) we set to make sure Gracie's room was ready for a guest!

That Sunday he arrived around 9:30. 

His name is Luiz, but to Gracie he is "soccer coach" and she loves him! He is wonderful with her and has been trying to show her a few soccer moves to prepare her for camp next week! 

We have been filling our days asking him about his country and life back home and trying to tell him the things about our country that are unusual to him! He is staying two weeks and has already become part of the family! 

He has jumped right in on cleaning up, playing with Gracie, and all our other daily adventures! He is super sweet and very polite and helpful! We could not have asked for a better visitor. We hope that we make his first trip to America memorable! 

We look forward to the rest of this adventure and are so happy to have had this opportunity! 

We have made a life long friend, while teaching Gracie about helping people and experiencing life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment