Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sunflowers and Love

When I was almost nine I became a big sister. My little brother was what some (mainly me) would call a nuisance. I had been an only child for a long time, and he took that away from me. Despite all that, I loved him as much as a kid could love anyone. I did everything for him. My parents worked and I became the big sister in charge. We fought... a lot... but I was the only one allowed to do that. Even after a fit of screaming and yelling, when night time came, he was crawling up in my bed to snuggle so he wouldn't be scared. It was fight one minute, hugs the next. Knock down drag out fights, to me sneaking him out of his room when he got in trouble. Even after all the evil little brother things he did, I still love him like he is my own child...

One day he cut my waterbed open... I almost drowned... (probably a little dramatic, but waking up in water is pretty scary)

Once, he cut the arms and legs off of all of my Barbies.

There was a day that my mom came home and Colton had me backed into a corner and he was swinging a rope and a plastic piece of track at me.

He threw fits, he was mean, he was adorable, and he was my little pooter! (he may kill me for that)


Then when he was nine, I moved out.

I missed so much. I came back when I could, but a move out of state in 2004 sealed the deal that I would miss more than I ever thought I would.

It seemed like one day I blinked and he was grown. A moment in time and I turned around and he is getting married and about to have a baby of his own.

Colton and Kaila's story is one out of the books. They dated in high school, broke up, stayed friends, and now have a whole future planned.

I missed so many moments in his life. I am so happy that I did not have to miss this one. The day he said I do.

It was a beautiful wedding. Even the never ending Texas rains of 2015 could not put a damper on the beauty of what they had come up with! Gracie got to play her role of flower girl for Coco and Clarabelles wedding.

Congrats to Colton and Kaila. May you find a lifetime of happy moments to help you make it through the hard times.

Colton, I love you, forever and always I will forever be one of your biggest fans and please know that you ALWAYS have someone in your corner! 








No comments:

Post a Comment