Saturday, March 28, 2015

Up to my ears in elephants!!

The options themes for children's birthday parties are endless. This party was for a one year old. It was pink and grey elephants! I had a lot of fun with this one, and by the end of it I was ready to pull my hair out! (It isn't a good party planning adventure until you are stressed by the day of it.) Here are some of the details!!

Enjoy!!

Invitations
(The heart and bow tie weren't part of the invitation, they were just for blogging purpose to cover the address and phone number)
I made a few different versions of it, mixing and matching the papers! These were my favorite! 

I couldn't make the cricut (borrowed from my wonderful mother because I have yet to buy one) connect to my computer, so I hand cut all of the elephants! Fifty invites and numerous decorations required them. My hands suffered dearly, next time I will make sure and find another way! 
(The blisters on my hand the next day)

While shopping for supplies at Hobby Lobby, I came across the idea for an outfit! 
(All iron on stuff)

Leggings 
Tutu (The elastic wasn't covered in this picture because I had not measured the birthday girl yet)
(Want to know how to make this bow? Check in my previous posts for step by step instructions elephant curly bow)

Silverware rolls! These were so simple and turned out so cute!
Strawberry wafers dipped in white chocolate that I colored with black icing   color.
Party favor tags! (The elephant was cut with an elephant shaped hole punch) 
We used these tags for pails filled with circus peanuts! 


The mother of the birthday girl had a great idea to create a time capsule for her to open when she turned eighteen that had notes from the party guests. Here is what we came up with! 

This was just an old pen that I glued a featheron and then wrapped with leftover ribbon! 

Mint cookies and cream bark made with melting chocolate, Oreos, mint extract, and pink food coloring! Delicious! 


The banner before and after stringing 

The piñata!! This was a pain and took time and work, but turned out so cute! It was just strategically placed balloons that I covered with paper mâché! I left a small hole to pop the balloon through, pull out and then add candy! Once it was filled with the goodies, I finished covering the hole and then decorated! I used grey crepe paper cut to create a "fringe" look and then used craft glue to stick fringed paper on! The ears and eyes are just made out of card stock! 


Elephants made with melting chocolate and a "zoo animal" mold.
Pink noodles for pasta salad (drain and let sit in fridge until pink sets for best color)
Photo booth props! I just printed a template, cut them out and taped on a craft stick. 


The cake table!! (Complete with watermelon and cheese both cut out with an elephant cookie cutter and deviled eggs that have been colored pink)

The beautiful birthday girl, ready to party!!

Now I am on to a baby shower, that is blue and grey elephants! (At least I already have the hole punch!) 























No comments:

Post a Comment