Saturday, May 9, 2015

Chore Chart

Sometimes my mom calls my daughter Cinderella. She calls her this because I like to post pictures of Gracie doing chores. I have the cutest video of her loading the washer and probably twenty pictures of her cleaning some random part of the house!!

I think that chores should start at a young age. I believe in teaching them early. I want to make her responsible. 

Up until now her "chores" were just whatever I was telling her to do at the moment, but she thrives on schedules, routines, and organization. 

So, I made a chore board. Since she cannot read yet, I used pictures to help her understand what chores she is supposed to do. I even included basic day to day activities such as brushing teeth and eating her meals! 

Here is what I came up with! 



I do not give her all the chores everyday, some of them are rotated around, like dusting and helping with the laundry! Here is a complete list of the chores that I have included on her board!!

  • Help with laundry
  • Eat breakfast
  • Eat lunch
  • Eat dinner
  • Make your bed
  • Take a nap
  • Prayer Time
  • Wipe off the dinner table
  • Water the plants
  • Take your vitamins
  • Gather bathroom trash
  • Clean your room
  • Take a bath
  • Brush teeth in the morning
  • Brush teeth at night
  • Learning Time
  • Help with the dishes
  • Pick up your toys
  • Help set the table
  • Read 3 books
  • Dusting
  • Exercise Time
  • Get Dressed

She loves the board and it has helped us both make sure she has taken care of all of her responsibilities!! 

If you would like a free printable set of chore cards to use for this project, email me at tonyadarlene2922@gmail.com with the list of chores that you would like to receive on your printable sheet! 

If you would like a chore board created for your child, they are $10 +s&h and can be customized to your liking with different colors, your child's name, and your own set of chores!! Just email me at tonyadarlene2922@gmail.com and let me know the details of what you want and I can send you a paypal invoice!!

You can also order just a set of chore cards for $5. They will come in a pack of up to 25 chore cards, already cut, laminated, and with magnets on!! 

2 comments:

  1. How did you attach it to the wall??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I superglued picture hangers to the back! You could also use magnets or you could glue ribbon to the top corners and tie and hang it on a nail that way!!

      Delete