Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pancakes and Muffins... In one!!!

When someone offers me free fruits, I REFUSE to say no!! Last week I was given a huge ziplock bag full of blueberries! They have been staring at me from my freezer since then!! Today, when my daughter requested muffins for breakfast, I knew it was my chance to pull those blueberries out!!

Blueberry Pancake Muffins

They are so easy!! Make your regular pancake batter (you can make homemade or use a packaged mix if you would like! Pour into a greased muffin pan filling each cup 1/2 full. Add 3-5 blueberries into each cup, pushing them into the mix. Put in an oven preheated to 325 degrees. I baked mine for about 12 minutes, but it can vary based on the pancake recipe that you used! Once they are done (golden brown and not runny when you do the toothpick test) let them cool just a few minutes until able to be handled to eat!!! I let the kiddo dip them in some syrup and she LOVED them!!! 

These are going to be a meal prep item from now on! Next time I may use the mini muffin pan so that they will be bite sized!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment